At H.E.R.O. we have made the fundamental decision that a quality character is the primary and necessary foundation for future development and success. We abide by this decision with the understanding that a quality education without a quality character is of little value. To that end we have developed ten "I" statements to help our scholar athletes develop the necessary foudation for quaity character development. Each of the following is fully explained and developed during our weekly leadership courses and daily learning opportunities. Character Education is at the core of all H.E.R.O. programs and is a pre-requisite to access to education scholarships and athletic participation and our full-time boarding program.
1. I Keep God First In My Life 6. I Am Self-Disciplined
2. I Can Do All Things Through Education 7. There Is A Time For Work And A Time For
3. I Never Make Excuses For My Actions Play And I Know The Difference
4. I Speak The Truth 8. In The Absence of Orders I Will Take Charge
5. I Give Back Out Of Duty, Not Choice 9. Whatever It Takes I Will Get The Job Done
10. My Work Is Never Finished
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader."
(John Quincy Adams)